- The alarming Food Security situation of India (in relation to its population) is well known to all concerned parties across the world.
- This proposed solution towards enhancing the Food Security situation of India is coming from a Social Enterprise (NGO) of ex-servicemen of the Indian Army – HQ in Patna in Bihar state in India.
- The land in Bihar state in India spans more than 94,000 SQ Km; and is known to be very fertile in nature.
- This is mainly due to the SILT deposited by the rivers (melting Himalayan Glaciers) flowing through Bihar state towards the Bay of Bengal over the years.
- The level of ground water in the entire Bihar state is very high; and this condition is guaranteed to continue in the coming years (and Decades, Centuries and Millenniums) due to Global Warming – and the resulting melting of the Himalayan Glaciers.
- Because of these reasons (Large Area of Fertile Land, High Ground Water and Thrifty population) this state in India is ideally suited (DESTINED) to significantly enhance the Food Security situation of India.
THE PRESENT SITUATION
- In spite of the various strengths of the land in Bihar state outlined above, agribusiness related activity is presently not profitable in the state.
- Actual facts as seen on the ground; indicate that majority of the productive population at the BoP (Base of the Economic Pyramid – mainly from the agriculture sector) from Bihar state migrates to other states in India for earning their livelihoods.
- The land in Bihar state is not being optimally leveraged to raise the agricultural production of India. In plain words; the land in Bihar state is lying under-utilized in spite of its potential for enhancing the Food Security situation of India.
- The Government of Bihar state is in Crisis-Management Mode; and is focusing on Poverty Alleviation Projects and supporting Livelihoods of the extremely poor in the state.
ABOUT THIS (PROPOSED) SOLUTION
- This NGO; the Jai Jawan Jai Kisan Agriculture Society of ex-servicemen of the Indian Army has been structured to remain in existence for all Time (Decades, Centuries and Millenniums); focusing on its Mission of enhancing the Food Security situation of India by ensuring an increase in the number of agribusinesses in the fertile plains of Bihar state.
- The effort is planned to be sustained from contributions (Donations or Grants) from sources of funds across the world on the strength of its effectiveness in enhancing the Food Security situation of India.
- Broadly; this NGO would play the role of an “Agribusiness Support Organization” in Bihar state; supporting registered agribusinesses in the entire Bihar state.
- This NGO would:
a) Give FREE training in Agribusiness management to all registered agribusinesses in Bihar state contacting its website for being supported by it. It would send THREE Founding Members of all registered agribusinesses in Bihar state contacting its website for being supported by it.
b) Select suitable agribusinesses to be supported by it by getting their plans studied by experts in agribusiness management – hired by it – from a Business Plan Competition organized by it in Patna in Bihar state.
i) This Business Plan Competition would be conducted by the NGO in coordination with some College in Business Management in Patna in Bihar state in India.
ii) All agribusinesses which are not selected to be supported would be briefed (advised) by specialists in agribusiness management – hired by this NGO.
c) This NGO would support the agribusinesses (selected as per b) above).
d) This Support would include the following:
i) Enabling them to procure the maximum possible incentives entitled to them from the Government of Bihar and the Government of India by sending specialists in agribusiness management – hired by it – to their ground locations.
ii) Crediting Additional (disproportionate amounts of) funds – as well monitored Grants – into their Bank Accounts as per previously decided formulae.
iii) Periodically sending experts in agribusiness management to their ground locations to advise them on:
- Managing their operational (Execution related) problems on the ground and
- Possible ways and means of raising their profits.
- All other support as revealed from research.
iv) Crediting additional financial incentives into their Bank Accounts after every Five (05) years till they complete Twenty (20) years of being supported by the NGO.
THE PRESENT REQUIREMENT
- This NGO has prepared detailed plans to support minimum 150 agribusinesses in Bihar state in India over its First stage of Five (05) years.
- The funds required for this First stage are INR 300 Million (equal to USD 5 Million @ 1 USD = 60 INR; or Euro 4.3 Million @ 1 Euro = 70 INR or GBP 3.3 Million @ 1 GBP = 90 INR).
- Presently, the Secretary (CEO) of this NGO; Major Arun Kumar Jha, 44 yrs, is participating with these plans in many Business Plan Competitions – of this level and scale – and also applying for funding for these plans to various NGOs across the world.
- You are requested to kindly send the details of any Business Plan Competitions – of this level and scale – and about various NGOs across the world to which this NGO could apply for funding for these plans with reasonable chances of success at jdfparunjhaatgmaildotcom at your earliest please.